View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Beta Beta Test of Major New Features

This is a non-sticky discussion thread for the unofficial beta beta development available from lp:~cbhaley/calibre/charles.custcol

Charles,
Instead of doing this by email or PM, this is easier for me, so I'm moving the discussion here.

Our last round is quoted below:
1) I'll check the attempt to delete and get back to you.
2) I suspected you might not see the oddity of LN, FN sorting
3) Yes, there are often unsuspected benefits of new features.
4) New bug:
a) connect to empty folder, add books
b) disconnect
c) reconnect to same folder. The author is now listed as title and title as author for each book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17
That fixed it.
1) I'm still seeing failure to delete. The file is removed from the Reader library, but not from the folder. I saw this intermittently before. Still testing, but so far haven't seen any files actually removed from folder.
I never see this. Is there any chance that something has the file open, preventing its deletion?

It would help if you checked that calibre actually attempts to delete the file. A print statement in devices.usbms.driver at line 205 would do it. Best would be to print the value that unlink returns.
Quote:
2) I suppose you know this, but the author sort order is by actual author, not author_sort. Lani Aames is after Dan Abbot.
Actually, I didn't see it because I keep names in LN, FN order.

Is this new behavior? Did it do something different before? Ahhh, you wouldn't know.

I can correct the ondevice scanner and metadata correcter to recompute author_sort for those books that don't have it, then send the metadata back to the 'device'. Once I do that, I will use author_sort.
Quote:
3) This is a nice unexpected benefit. I have a folder of some ebooks to be added, that are mostly duplicates of ebooks already added. I happened to try that folder for a test. The matching algorithm showed which ones were already in the library. That was very useful.
Interesting use of the feature. My guess is that more like this will show up once people more creative than me get their hands on it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote