View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by morari View Post
I said exactly what I was trying to say, thank you.

A "book" is an object. It's as simple as that. When you download an eBook, you're not procuring an object, you're downloading data. That data may make up the same CONTENT, but it is certainly not a book.

When you download a collection of songs, do you try to call it a CD?
'sigh. If the content is the same, how are they not the same?

I don't say " I just read this wonderful "data" by XXX......nor do I say "I just read this wonderful "e-book" by XXX......I say "I just read this wonderful "book" by XXX.........

Its a book, not data.

And I don't download music at all.

If I did, I'd call it 'music'.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote