View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
So I've been reading very sporadically over the last month, but the past week I've noticed something that has me concerned. A few days ago, my PP said "battery low". So I plugged it into charge overnight. I wake up and unplug it. Battery meter reads full. I keyboard lock and off to class I go. That night before bed I decided to read some more. Battery meter was showing empty. Figuring some ebook file might have been eating away at the battery, I plugged it in to charge overnight again. Next morning, battery meter still reads empty. This morning I plug it in again to charge the whole day. Unplugged it an hour ago. Battery still reads as empty and I get "battery low" warning. I do a soft reset, a hard reset, and even unplug the battery for 10 minutes, and after all of that, battery still reads empty.

I've only let it run down the battery twice. When I plug it in, battery "lightning" icon shows up and blinky red/yellow light flashes.

According to About, I'm running V2.02ASTAK.100320 Firmware. Last time I checked, I had updated it with the latest firmware (unless a newer one was released within the last month).

Is this a firmware issue? Or did my battery just die on me?
1) Remove the SD Card and see if that helps cure the lack of charge
2) remove and re-seat the battery plug inside.
3) Observe the charge indicators (LED and Icon), If missing, the cord,connector or charger could be at fault [not as likely, since you indicated a rapid discharge]
4) Failed charge level detection circuit. If you have a voltmeter available, read the battery voltage (3.7 VDC +/- 5% is a normal range).

The battery should last well over a year if not abused (allowed to deep discharge, overly hot or cold).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote