View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #1983
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchToneTommy View Post
Thanks for your input and insights, dwanthny and Starson17.

So far, I have not been able to make either to work. Spent the evening googling Python, and not really grasping it yet.

One thing I tried, was " insert(url[:40] + 'v-print/' + url[40:]) ", to break the url at the 40th character, insert the "v-print", and then continue (since the date is always the same number of characters, using 2 digits for even a single digit month or day), but I don't have the form or syntax right yet.

I also tried looking for a newspaper from the same publisher (McClatchy) in the included recipes, hoping that their web templates might be the same. So far, haven't found anything.
Run your recipe from the command line, use the -vv option and print the "url" variable to see why it isn't working. Read this