View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
sylkstream
sylkstream began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch HD
Unhappy PDA/Smartphone format eBooks

I am new to this site and I apologise if this topic has already been discussed - I couldn't find a reference when I did a quick search. So...

Are you tired of the fact that the new formats of eBooks are completely overlooking the PDA/Smartphone market? Also, now that this new Agency Model pricing structure has come into force, are you tired of all the typos and grammatical errors in your eBooks which you were prepared to overlook because you obtained them at a reasonable price?

I am constantly finding that books I want are either in Adobe Digital Editions (a wholly awful program and not available on PDA at all) or one of the proprietary formats (Kindle etc).

I've been exclusively reading books on my PDA for over seven years now. I am, quite frankly, very irritated and frustrated that the publishers, in general, are beginning to completely overlook the PDA market.

I've now emailed the Customer Services departments of as many of the publishers as I can find to complain about the above two things (unavailable formats/errors). Please, if you have the same issues that I do, write to them too. One voice they will completely ignore - many voices will tell them how important these issues are to their reading public.

I'll get off my soapbox now -
sylkstream is offline   Reply With Quote