View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
I suppose reading on wearable computing could be possible in the future, but that device will not be the Google Glass. It is just not suited for it. And the watches won't be, either.

So, there may be some sort of wearable reader... but I have no idea what it would look like.

Rubber band a Kindle to your shoulder?
Why isn't it suited for it, and how exactly is a rubber-banded Kindle "wearable computing" any more than the one held in my hand and stored in my pocket? Perhaps it too is wearable computing if I wrap the strap around the back of my hand.

The watches I agree, they're too small. But floating the text in your field of vision is perfectly reasonable, it's the concept behind a HUD.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote