View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I originally indicated I would buy a DR1000S, but I now think WiFi is "worth" an extra $100 if the DR1000SW has a workable web browser. It would then support web-based email at least.

I like the fact that 3rd party apps run on the iLiad, and this would be a plus for me if the same is true of the DR. Note that a touch screen greatly expands the universe of existing Linux 3rd party apps, and so high-end devices from other vendors will likely have the hardware to support these apps next year too. On the other hand, I am also interesting in what Amazon will do in this area because they are probably not going to focus on the business user but perhaps instead on the college market. Also, they already have internet connectivity and a web browser. Their device will be closed to 3rd party apps, but it may be "good enough" with the provided software.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote