View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I don't think of the iPod as a closed system ... but then, I don't think of the Kindle as a closed system either.

I can put mp3s on my iPod, or I can purchase mp4s directly from Apple. I can put mobi format books on my Kindle, or I can buy azw books directly from Amazon.

If I want to play dodge the copyright, I can take mp4s off of my iPod, burn them to CD, burn them back to mp3 and play them elsewhere on a device of my choosing, and I can take azw files, strip the drm, and read them on any mobi compatible device.

However, just as Apple has not seen the need to license out their hardware, I see no need at all for Amazon to do so with the Kindle. Just as I can use my iPod without ever having purchased a single tune from the iTunes store, I can use my Kindle without ever having gone to Amazon.

I realize people are a bit tired of the Kindle/iPod analogies, but in this case I really do feel that it holds.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote