View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #59
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Vmurph, how well does the wake/sleep function work?
It works great! I even decided to buy-out of the special offers so I could enjoy the full function. I originally purchased the Paperwhite with Special Offers. Before I unsubscribed from them, opening the cover simply turned the light on. I still had to swipe to open the Kindle. (that's how amazon designed it)

But once I unsubscribed, I got the full wake function. Opening the cover turns the light on and instantly opens to the last page I was reading. And closing it instantly shuts the light and puts the device to sleep. I peeked in the upper corner to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
It seems that the description does not match the video regarding how it closes, in features it says:

•The hook on the front part can lock the case firmly to avoid accidental opening

What do you think? I do not see a hook, one of my KF cases has one and it does keep it securely closed.
LoL, yeah I saw that. The guy doesn't really speak English, and because it's almost identical to the official Amazon cover, I think he just copied some details from their description without fully understanding what it meant.

There's definitely no hook or magnetic closure. The only magnet is the wake/sleep magnet. It's in the lower right corner.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote