View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #34
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Me, I'm a collector of media content. In the moment I possess 1,25 TB of capacity to fill with every worthwhile media at hand. So far Ihave only 700 GB occupied with content, mostly animated films and series (I'm an otaku ^^). But I intend to keep loading movies, music, videogames, ebooks, manga, comics, and so on, until those 1250 GB get filled. And once they do, I'll expand the space, ideally with 1 TB more. I have watched perhaps a third of the anime and some of the animated series, but as you can guess, my goal is not to consume it all. Eventually I'd like to get a content consumption device other than my PC, but I don't count on it coming soon. The iPad is a promising concept, but I'll wait until a company friendlier to different formats offers its proposal. My iTouch won't let me see any of the video I've gathered, for example.

Once that I've set up that idea, you can guess that having something like 6 thousand books at the moment is just the dog's biscuits for me. I intend to acquire many more, if possible.
Your iPod Touch will play all of your video. There is a wonderful app call Air Video that will stream video from your PC to your Touch over Wifi. Air Video can pre-convert the video for you or convert it on the fly. I've tried it with several different formats using on the fly conversion and it worked flawlessly. Great picture, no buffering etc...There is a free version you can download to try it, the full app costs ~$3.00.

Oh, 10,000+ books, I'll never read them all.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote