View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I hasten to add, that at http://portableapps.com/apps/office, you can get a FREE version of either OpenOffice or LibreOffice that is designed to install on a thumb/flash drive.

Edit: I notice you can also get a portable version of Sigil ebook editor.
Another +1 vote for portableapps solutions. My paid work involves fiddling around in side lots of virtual machines - all my portable stuff goes with me from machine to machine, including all the settings etc, without needing separate installation. A couple of browsers, LibreOffice, The Gimp etc. etc. etc. These days having a portable option is high on my list of priorities when choosing software.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote