View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Just posting a link to a G&M articles as to why we are unlikely to be able to purchase a Fire in Canada:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2186377/

I mostly agree with the author. However at that this price point, I wonder if some may feel it is worthwhile, just to read on the colour screen?
Well, I've ordered one. I have a US Amazon account and a Canadian one - obviously, I used the US account for the order.

I expect to not be able to download video/music while I'm in Canada. But books? Not an issue - Amazon doesn't care where you are currently logging in from when you're buying books, only where your account is. And for magazines, newspapers, etc., which I'm also interested in, I suspect a bit of proxying should get around those restrictions. But generally that's not a great solution for video, so I'll only use the video services when I'm in the US. (Which is fine, that's really the only time I care. When I'm in Canada, I'm home and have a family and my TiVo. It's only when I'm in the US on business that I'm stuck in a hotel room and would like to be able to watch a movie, etc.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote