View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #12
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Sometimes the best solution is not to sync at all.
That has frequently been my solution as well (detailed in previous post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming
I'm confused, when you say the Borders/Kobo Desktop are you talking about the Borders desktop that syncs with the Borders website or the Kobo desktop that syncs with the kobobooks.com website?
I deal only with the Borders rebranded version of the software. Although the behavior may be the same either way you slice it.

Quote:
Although Kobo and Borders are related (Borders owns 20% or so of Kobo), they are not the same company.
This is true.

Quote:
They do not have "Purchased" or "I'm Reading" lists in common and the books bought at one of them do not show up on the desktop application for the other.
I have not attempted to cross-polinate the two, but I would assume you are correct.

Quote:
If you don't actually open your newly loaded books, they will slink off to "books" next time you sync or attach your USB to do something like work with Calibre (manage). You need to open the book to create a bookmark to keep it in "I'm Reading".
This has been my solution as well. As long as you open each newly loaded book after you transfer it (in whatever way) to your reader a bookmark is automatically placed and it will remain in the reading list. Which is convenient in this scenario. On the flip side, it is rather inconvenient when you just need to revisit a certain passage somewhere in the middle of an already finished book and it then becomes added to your reading list again until you flip that last page. Yay!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote