View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
In order to render two files without a pagebreak, the reader should be able to process two files (or more, as there could be many files fitting in a single page) simultaneously and display them on the same screen. I'm sure that's not impossible, but I'd say it's not trivial and I don't think that'll happen in the near future.

Given that Adobe-based readers still add spurious pagebreaks in the middle of long paragraphs (and in the middle of the screen), attempting to create a "continuous" text seems rather futile anyway.

What could change is this:

Quote:
Large amount of text -- way more than epub can handle as a single html file
There's no fundamental limit in what ePub can handle. With enough memory, and a reader that does not add its own limitations, you could have HTML files as long as you want.

Last edited by Jellby; 11-24-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote