View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I think there is a bit of confusion in this thread by now...

I'll try to clear some of it, hoping that I don't add even more confusion

- I believe that "method 3" (and ONLY method 3) is still working. However, I have only checked this on a KT which was prepared in the following way:
  1. main partition from gitbrew forensics (5.0.0)
  2. diags partition WITH SSH from gitbrew forensics (5.0.?)
  3. update to 5.1.0.
  4. follow "method 3".
  5. result: payload (jailbreak) is installed, but unable to get out of diags normally
So in principle, the changes that 5.1.0 does to diags DO NOT seem to affect the ability to install the jailbreak.

Therefore, there is no need to burn another jailbreak method at this time. The only problem is the "unable to get out of diags" thing, but if wolftail can find out exactly which test has to be run to fix this, we're essentially done.

The only thing remaining would then be to update the instructions to insert 1 or 2 steps between the current steps 12. and 13. on http://yifan.lu/p/kindle-touch-jailbreak/

To summarize: we probably don't need to change anything, except the documentation.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote