View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by re838uk View Post
Send a converted file to the reader automatically if it is connected up or as you send a file to the reader it converts it automatically?
Auto convert is suppored. When you send a book to a device that is not in a format the device supports it will be converted to a supported format. Also, you can change what format the auto conversion uses. In the Preferences go to plugins, Device Interface Plugins, Select your device and press customize. The first enabled format in the list is used for auto convert if the book you're sending isn't in any of the enabled formats.

Quote:
Retain only the copied version. The folder used for conversions contain both a copy of the original file and the new formatted version. Is the copy of the original file necessary?.
The library keeps the original and all conversions. A number of conversion formats are lossy (TXT, PDB...) so it's a good idea to keep the original (especially if it is a higher quality format (EPUB) around for future conversions. For instance I have a Cybook now that uses MOBI but I have purchased books as EPUB (liberated) and if I when I get a new reader (the Cybook won't last forever) I will want to be able to convert to what the new reader supports keeping the best quality.

Quote:
Bypass the adding to the library?. I'm mainly interested in the conversion feature and don't intend to use it to manage books/comics/manga - got far too much stuff to sort out.
The GUI has full management and conversion. However, all conversion functionality is accessible via the command line application ebook-convert.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote