View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
It now looks pretty good, but it's still cutting off text for me on my Sony PRS-505 in Chapter 1, quote 13.
[...]
Any ideas what I could try? I still see no reason/cause/justification in the HTML for the renderer not to simply do a line-break instead of running words off the page... so don't really know where to go from here.
I don't see why it should, either. Have you tried in ADE?

But the .epub does not validate in http://www.threepress.org/document/epub-validate. It uses <center>, mimetype is not the first file in the archive, uses entities in the ncx file, etc.

(In chapter 1, point 4, (2) is missing)

Quote:
I'm guessing though, Jellby, that it should be pretty close to perfect on your Cybook.
I doubt it, my Cybook does not read ePUBs (yet ? )

I see you are using an independent table for each point (although the first 4 points use a normal list)... I'd say a single table for the whole chapter is better, for the layout, at least. Also, inline "style=..." are not recommended, use classes instead.

Oh, and the epub has all those chapter*.xhtml~ files (backups from vim, I guess).

Last edited by Jellby; 06-07-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote