View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #447
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaine View Post
I want to create shelves in Goodreads based on my tags, I thought this is what the upload tags as shelves menu item would do but unfortunately, after reading the help, I discovered that they must already be present in Goodreads. Could this be a feature request? Also, does anyone have a method for accomplishing this now? It doesn't have to be fully automatic just anything that would get me there faster than creating each and every shelf manually.
Funnily enough no-one has ever requested this as a feature. The "assumption" has always been (based on the requirements of those who requested shelves as tags in the first place, not something I use myself) that the user has created shelves on Goodreads.

So there is no way currently to automate this. You can either create the shelves on the Goodreads website, and then refresh the shelves list for the plugin. Or you can use the plugin configuration screen to create the shelves.

As to whether I would consider adding support for creating them on the fly - the answer at this point is "maybe". It has been a long time since I changed this plugin and off the top of my head I don't know if the complications of supporting such a feature would make it too much work. After all the plugin has been out for 18 months and of all the thousands of users you are the only one who has requested it .
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote