View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #13
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Well, I have the new laptop and it's taking some getting used to. I loved my old one, he was perfect in every way: xp being very user-friendly, and the lappy had a great keyboard and 15.5inch screen. This thing is tiny, just 14inches and widescreen, which makes it look too short. I'll get used to it though and learn to use the silly Windows 7 and its "libraries"!

As for the Word 2002; it installed fine and I've written a "hello" to the computer letter. But the office assistant feature doesn't work, even though it comes with that version; so no cat playing with butterflies....

The major hassle I'm having is activating it. The activation wizard is fine until it comes to connecting to the internet. Then I'm given a message saying something like "Unable to connect to the activation centre. Please check your internet connection or try later." My internet connection is fine! I've left Word open and minimised and tried every 30mins or so, but still can't activate.

I'm wondering if this may be because Microsoft no longer support Word 2002, so somehow aren't recognising it. I suppose it self-destructs after 50 uses without activation? No hope it'll just be "forgotten about" and left on my lappy...

Looks like I'm shelling out money for the horrible ribbon version! I've seen it used in vids - it's horrid.

I'm really glad that one of my annoying neighbours gives my cats snacks, saves me money on cat food. Will have a talk to the cats and tell them they'll have to catch mice for a while

Ho Hum...

Last edited by BookCat; 01-04-2012 at 05:00 AM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote