Thread: Troubleshooting Books converted to mobi with Calibre
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Books converted to mobi with Calibre

Hey folks, I have a quick question... Why are books converted to Mobi (from ePub) with Calibre much much slower (as regards page-turns but more annoyingly, the dictionary) than Kindle eBooks or Mobi eBooks (e.g. some Oxford Dictionaries I have)?
I find it a bit tedious to always have to wait five to ten seconds for the dictionary to show an entry (different from said books where lookup is almost instantaneous)... And this is not limited to extra dictionaries I have but also to the factory-installed Oxford American and English Dictionaries (again, this whole affair is only restricted to books loaded on the device with Calibre)...
Firmware is the latest 3.1 version... Jailbreak and Screensaver hack are installed, but once again, this only happens with books from Calibre...
Anyone have any conversion tips? I'd be very thankful and delighted!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote