View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #27
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
If a book has an anime-inspired cover, I'm less likely to read it, because to me that would say something about the writing or the plot of the book, and I don't care much for anime-inspired sensibilities. In the same way, I tend to avoid cartoon-y covers, because to me that tends to scream "chick-lit" which I also don't care for.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post

on the other hand, there currently is a tendency in Romancelandia for naked, headless torsos on the cover - those tend to say nothing to me about the contents - they get slammed on so many different types of books that they're signally neutral to me.
On those, I go by the style of dress, pose, setting, and quality of the image.

I have read and enjoyed books whose covers didn't appeal to me (notably, bodice-ripper covers on historicals) but only after reviews assured me the story wasn't as stereotypical as the cover...Not that I don't appreciate a good Johanna Lindsey romp for dessert now and then...
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote