View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #26
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
v.5.0 | Update 11 Nov 2012

The publisher asks the reader’s indulgence for typographical errors unavoidable in the exceptional circumstances.” — Sylvia Beach.

As there isn’t—and likely never will be—an authoritative edition of Ulysses, this epub should happily embrace that fact, which is why I added a second version: the text of the 1922 Shakespeare & Company first edition that has all the “original” mistakes. I have paginated both versions according to the first edition, and those page numbers also serve as links between the two which should make comparisons easier.

I was a little surprised not to find an epub of this anywhere, so I used the transcription from wikisource, carefully deleted all the line breaks inside paragraphs, added the copyright notice and the printer’s note not present in the transcription, and tried to adhere to the original formatting as close as possible (meaning there is a third stylesheet in this epub now). Even obvious formatting errors have not been corrected.

To be continued,
pynch.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote