View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Wanted: a) Reassurance b) HTML TOC advice

Sorry to bother you all again, but...

a) Having created (but not yet perfected) my book with Sigil I have put it through the kindle Previewer which has thrown up one or two problems. Is this the right forum for these problems or should I be posting in Sigil?

b) Through searching the forums, I know that a lot of time has been spent on TOCs and I apologise if the solution is out there and I haven't found it. I used Sigil 6.0 to create the HTML TOC required by kindle but the Previewer says I haven't got an HTML TOC.

In content.opf I have:

<item href="Text/TOC.html" id="TOC.html" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
</manifest>
<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="TOC.html" />

and:

</spine>
<guide>
<reference href="Text/Cover.xhtml" title="Cover" type="cover" />
<reference href="Text/Copyright.xhtml" title="Copyright Page" type="copyright-page" />
<reference href="Text/Acknowledgements.xhtml" title="Acknowledgements" type="acknowledgements" />
<reference href="Text/TOC.html" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
</guide>

I used kindle Previewer 2.51.

I suspect the question might make you not and the answer might even make me but I'm looking forward to learning what it is. Thanks for your suggestions.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote