View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #129
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Disappointing news about the Paperwhite thus far. I was considering replacing DH's dead Kobo Touch with it. I guess I'd better wait a bit or get something else.

Given my troubles with a series of very unreliable replacements after purchasing a new Kobo wifi for DH that turned out to be a lemon, they aren't likely to be a good substitute IMHO. I'll allow that the Kobo Touch (very last replacement) worked great - until failing under very easy usage conditions. My Mom's Kobo wifi still works well enough, though its painfully slow. I know Kobo can make a reasonable reader, but no way am I convinced that the best hardware ereader is the Kobo Glow, though its always possible that they have fixed the potential weaknesses from their earlier designs.
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote