View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #122
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Not only that, but they still can be used for support. Tools could be used in conjunction with it for reporting errors, and use the info in the watermark to reported who you are, what device, etc. All things that are helpful but prone to human error. Plus, it would verify that you are a customer (have seen pirates try to use customer support) and the whole chain of acquisition (issue may be with the retailer purchased from).
I agree. There can be useful reasons to have watermarks.

I have no issue with serial numbers been used in computer games and verification of your serial to sign up to support forums. Although, I don't know of any case where serials that have been leaked/stolen/generated and distributed on the net have ever resulted in action against the original owner of that serial.

I still think watermarking is better than encrypted DRM, especially when you consider the use of encryption does not preclude the inclusion of watermarking in addition.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote