View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
Tunney
Tunney began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, & nook
Amazing machine! (plus silly Android Question)

Just got my PE on monday and it is a truly wonderful machine! I got it from Tiger Direct--was on sale for 109USD. Its an utterly original device that suits my needs extremely well. I'm a writer, and I find it incredibly useful in marking up and correcting texts in the eInk screen--I just import one of my files as a PDF through Calibre on my laptop, and open it in the PE, and enjoy hours of non-LCD screen editing! Almost like working on paper.

As I see here on the forums, there is a lot of discussion on the upgrade question--but for me, I see no reason for taking a chance on that because Dingo seems to be quite fine. Of course, that might change, but in the past 2 days, I have got so much work done, I wouldn't want to spoil that. Plus, if I want to watch videos or play Angry Birds, there is always the laptop.

Question: This might be a silly one, but I already searched, and couldn't find an answer.--Is it possible to launch an App on one of the desktops, I'm specifically thinking Docs to Go, work on it, then go to the main desktop for something else, then just go right back to the second desktop with Docs to Go and continue where you left off? Like the multiple desktops in Linux? It seems that every time I launch an app, just switching to another means that if I go back, its closed. Is there a Dingo equivalent to just minimalizing an app, switching to something else, then coming back like on a PC? Or is the Android experience completely different....I just need a way to coordinate the eInk screen and the LCD screen in a more productive manner.

Thanks! (And again, thanks to all the useful EE and PE users out there who filled this forum with the good advice I already used for my new PE)

Tunney

Last edited by Tunney; 09-21-2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Tunney is offline   Reply With Quote