View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #58
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Then keep complaining to the publishers... but overall it's going to take time... you cannot materialise workers to do a job that has been progressively devalued and denigrated over decades... at the moment you have a choice, buy what you want "as is" and get an ebook or go with pbooks and don't complain about publishers not releasing ebooks fast enough... speed of release = poorer quality due to lack of decent proofreaders/editors. We can't have it all ways, it isn't physically possible, ask those on MR who are/have been proofreaders or have tried and/or got things professionally proofed/edited... it takes time...
I agree, the power is in the hands of the purchaser. Each individual needs to make a choice as to whether a certain item is worth the asking price. However, that's difficult to ascertain ahead of time when the vast majority of sellers insist "all sales are final".

I will note that after the first year of using eBooks, when the novelty had worn off, my purchasing habits dropped to almost nothing. At this point I purchase fewer than 8 books a year. I read more than ever, but my reading has moved to free offerings. I invest enough time into this past time that I'm unwilling to also invest dollars for a shit product.

I will also note that my previous reply was directly rebutting your characterization that all of us whiners are just don't understand how hard it is for the poor little publishers just trying to scrape a meager living out of this dreary existence. They need to put up or go out of business ASAP.
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote