View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
[*]requires a PC (Windows only) for getting content - "a ritual that feels extremely ancient and creaky once you've tasted the bliss of the Kindle's instant cellular downloads"
I'm not sure I'd ever use that if it was in a reader I use. I just like to carry around my entire library, not download it from somewhere. I'd probably be able to create something like that for my PDA, but don't feel the need for it.

Quote:
[*]Sony e-books are priced higher and the Sony store contain fewer titles - "under 100,000, compared with Amazon's 240,000"
So, Kindle readers only look at the Amazon store and Sony readers only at the Sony store?
Amazon should just open up their Kindle format and make those books available for non-Kindle ownsers.

Quote:
His verdict: "What the world really wants, of course, is an e-book reader with Sony's design panache and Amazon's wireless bookstore." I couldn't agree more.
No, what the world wants is the Amazon bookstore available for all readers, not just Kindle readers.

I do agree on the beautiful design of the Sony compared to the cluncky design of the Kindle...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote