View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
I rarely use the dictionary, but recently I've had occasion to look up about 10 different words. Not one of them was found. Granted, they're a bit obscure, thus my needing a definition.
That's funny because I have had the opposite experience with the built-in dictionary - it almost always finds my words, even really obscure ones.

I think it may be using an antiquated dictionary. I mean, usually when i have to look up a word, it is in an old novel, like say a 19th century novel by Dickens, or "Dracula" or stuff like that. It ALWAYS has those words, it seems, no matter how arcane (even arcane! ). But maybe for more modern stuff, it is poor (which would kind of make sense since they are probably using some public domain dictionary, although I don't really know).
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote