View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I see option 2 being a challenge; if you move the books last read dates forward I presume this would only happen on a sync. Now I sync a second set of books; would those 5 books be moved forward a second time or ?
Yes. At send time, move the home page books five minutes into the future. If I send another set of books, the the home screen books need to be pushed forward again. The object is to get their timestamps to be higher than the timestamp for the new books. Ideally the time would be set when disconnecting the device, but there isn't a way to do that in calibre.

Quote:
I think adjusting last read time COULD have major impact for Kobo format ePubs when their stats get synced to Kobo, and on to other Kobo devices.
I did ignore syncing to the Kobo server. For some reason I don't want to think about kepubs today.

There is a problem either way. Moving the sync time of a kepub back could cause the book to be synced again.

I don't think fiddling with the last read date will affect the reading stats on the current device. This seems to be stored in the Event table. I believe it is updated per reading session. The time spent and pages turned are updated when the book is closed. The Kobo sync is a problem. I would be most worried if the kepub was being read on the other device at the time the calibre sync was done.

Sounds like some experiments are needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote