View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
meeera,

Rather obviously, I should think, I was replying to Sharkus, specifically in the post directly above my own as I did not address it to someone else.

When someone starts off with the disclaimer: "Disclaimer: These are my personal views and do not represent those of my employer" and writes as Siharkus did, one might reasonably assume they have some skin in the game. Either way my statements stand.

There was no negativity for the sake of negativity expressed in my post. There was negativity expressed for the purpose of negative feedback. Are you in any way familiar with the science of cybernetics? A system which employs positive feedback cannot self correct, only one which employs negative feedback. Telling every child they are a winner does not lead to a group or society of winners, but it does promote self delusion.

According to Sharkus, we should be more concerned with not hurting the feelings of the Kobo developers than concerned with them correcting their mistakes. That is exactly the sort of thinking that allows for mediocrity in life and product development.

People and companies need to be held accountable and that was what I was expressing. More importantly I was encouraging anyone that felt themselves roadblocked to employ their skills to find a way around it. Part of one's job in a company always needs to be doing what's best, even when it's hard.

Frankly, if you want to come right down to it, if you don't like something don't read it, change the channel, etc. Are we not old enough and mentally developed enough to handle reading something we may not agree with? Or should we give up our right to freely express in order to guarantee that no one be offended?

I am not fond of anyone not owning a Kobo coming in and stirring the pot, but if we are not to be hypocrites we must not be afraid to call a spade a spade, a shovel a shovel, etc. and be free to express disappointment or displeasure as may be in order that the company's attention might be brought to their user's problems.

Concerning Kobo directly, I have easily given as much praise as negative comment, probably more. Just the other day I paid them the ultimate compliment a consumer can and bought another of their products. Lying concerning my occasional displeasure would serve no one except those daft enough to want quiet for the sake of quiet.

I hope I've answered well.

Last edited by TechniSol; 01-15-2013 at 01:46 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote