View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
jswinden
Nameless Being

Never been a Microsoft fan, but I use what works best for me. Android tablets are for play and not much else. If someone wants a tablet to play games, read books, use lackluster apps, et cetera, then Android can do that. So can iOS. But I want to be able to work on a tablet, so it is very important to me that a tablet has a true full size USB port, an SD card slot would be great but not a deal breaker if it didn't have one, it would need to be plug and play with a multitude of peripheral devices (like laptops and desktops are), it would have to be capable of running camera control software, it would have to be capable of running amateur radio control software, and so forth. Obviously that means it would have to be capable of hooking up to cameras, radios, telescopes, et cetera via USB. Can Android or iOS do that? Hell no! Can Windows and Mac OS do that, yes. Unfortunately Apple doesn't seem likely to put the Mac OS on a tablet. Only Microsoft seems to want to build tablets with a full blown, full feature OS. So hats off to Microsoft for being the first to actually get it right!

Last edited by jswinden; 06-27-2012 at 05:40 PM.