View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Someone does a similar device in terms of form factor, battery life, screen quality, price etc. and adds stylus support and robust document markup options and I"ll buy it day one!

I agree 100% with the author that tablets are NOT pcs and companies should be wary of making them like PCs. True Tablet PCs have failed for years. I just don't think there's much of a market for tablet PCs running windows, OSX and having all the features etc.--most everyone has a laptop, desktop, netbook (or 2 or 3 of those).

Tablets need to fill a different niche so people don't just say "I can do all that on my PC/laptop" and not buy them. It's a pretty small niche of people who need a laptop with a touch/stylus screen--as the poor sales of tablet laptops have shown.

I feel there's a much larger market for tablets like the iPad that are used more as document readers, document mark up tools, video and other media viewing/listening and not full on computing.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote