View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
I get the feeling we will NOT be seeing Derek's story in a forthcoming PC vs. Mac commercial.

I'm trying to get Risen into the iBookstore, too (supposedly Smashwords will be doing that, but I'm still waiting for the B&N and Kobobooks entries) and the cost of admission is killer. I'm still not sure it's worth buying a separate ISBN for it, then I have to find a friend with a new-enough Mac, and I'm still not sure I'll be able to pass the formatting test--I hear horror stories about that.
It's not really that I can't put OS X onto the PC, just that when I first bought the refurbished unit, I went with a 1TB SATA main drive and dedicated *all* of it to my C: (main) and D: (restore) partitions. And I've been too cheap to buy a 1TB external drive in order to offload all the images, documents and other data... Now that I've done so, I have created a 24GB partition, but it's such a *major* step to put a second OS directly onto it's own partition that I've been putting it off.

Oh well... Guess I can't put it off any longer. (Well, *maybe*, if I buy an 80GB EIDE HD and install it I can make *that* my OS X drive! )

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote