View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #30
ksyed0
ksyed0 began at the beginning.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
Canadian eBook readers

I have a Sony 505 and a FoxIt eSlick.

The Sony has a nice screen and accessories (nice cover with a sidelight). It also has a nice "library" interface on the device itself (I hate the PC/Mac software - I wish they wrote some nice native apps instead of crappy Java or Rosetta apps).

The FoxIt eSlick has a much nicer reading mode - including a very nice reflow mode and good format support. The screen is also larger, and the device itself is very light and thin.

Both take SD cards so storage / capacity is not an issue, and both mount as USB drives so transfer is not an issue either.

Both work with Caliber eReader software.

The eSlick is a better device for reading, I just wish they would emulate the Sony "library" interface. The current launcher is just a file browser. On the other hand, unless the eBook metadata is accurate, the Sony's interface is very poor to find a specific file based on the filename.

PS - I have two extra eSlick readers for sale, brand new and sealed in the box. Send me an email at ksyed0 at gmail.com if interested. I bought three so I have two extra.

MKS
ksyed0 is offline   Reply With Quote