View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #279
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Now if I could only figger out that dastardlly Win8!
To launch an application on Windows 7:

Press Winkey, then type the first few letters of the application name, and hit enter.

To launch an application on Windows 8:

Press Winkey, then type the first few letters of the application name, and hit enter.

To get the the list of applications you can choose from on Windows 7:

Move mouse to lower left corner of screen, and left click.

To get the the list of applications you can choose from on Windows 8:

Move mouse to lower left corner of screen, and left click.

If you want, you can buy a book like Windows 8 Secrets which makes it sound like, if you can't pass an exam on the difference between metro and desktop, you're in trouble. And if you want to set up a home network, maybe you are. But before I did that, I had no real need to grok the difference.

EDIT: Since you are on a tablet, I guess some of what I wrote above doesn't quite apply unless you are plugging in a keyboard and mouse.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-19-2012 at 07:59 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote