View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #139
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
They are inseparable. For any product, the choice to purchase is affected by the availability of competing products. Take bread, for example. If there were only one type of bread, my choice is to pay the asking price or to go without bread. Under such circumstances, if the bread is offered at one price in one packaging, but a higher price in a different packaging, I pay the price or go without bread.

But we are not limited to one type of bread. If I don't want to pay the price for one type of bread, I can take a step and consider some other bread, I don't have to choose between the asking price for one particular bread and doing without bread.

It's the same way with books. If someone wants to charge more for the e-book than for the paper book, I do not have to choose between paying that price and doing without reading, I can simply choose a different book. By not paying more for an e-book than for a paper book, I am voting against higher prices for e-books. They can win my business by charging the same for the e-book as the paper book. If they don't, someone else gets my business.
For you it might be the same with books. For me it is not the same at all. And for nearly all people I know who read a lot it is not the same.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote