View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzs View Post
I'm also considering the Glo, and had a question on one handed reading and page turning (which I believe will be the same as is currently on the Touch).

According to the Kobo site, the page turning action on the Touch is now configurable in the latest firmware - but I can't find anything that describes exactly _how_much_ it can be configured. Can I specify upper-right touch for page forward, and upper-left for page back? Or vice versa? Or anywhere on the top half of the page for page forward, and anywhere on the bottom half for page back? Or anywhere on the right for page forward, and anywhere on the left of the page for page back? I've gotten so used to the configurable options in the various eReader applications (specifically CoolReader) that I wonder if I can adapt to more limited choices...

Thanks!
Screenshots on the Kobo site suggest limited configurability. Basically here's the classic left-middle--bottom-right zones, a bigger left-bottom-right turn method (think Kindle Touch), and the reverse - the small zone being the 'previous page' option in the latter two, and the bottom bring the menu.

I'd suggest striking with CoolReader or Aldiko if you want more configurability.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote