View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #120
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
For me (in no particular order);

Living authors
Christopher Brookmyre
Carl Hiaasen
Iain Banks (without the 'M')
Jo Nesbo
Lee Child
Ben Elton
Terry Pratchett
Jim Butcher
Rob Grant

Those that are now sadly deceased and so won't be publishing any more books
George MacDonald Fraser
John Steinbeck
Steig Larsson
Douglas Adams
A lot of commonality in our lists, and have to say .

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I started getting into Lee Child's reacher series. His scenarios are over the top unbelievable, but page turning, and I am suitably grossed out by the way he chooses to kill his victims. I've only read the first and second, but will eventually read the others as they become available.
I envy you the fact that you still have them all to read for the first time. I still have waking nighmares over the tunnel scene in "Die Trying".
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote