View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
Live2Read
Live2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toysLive2Read shares his or her toys

Device: Rooted Sony PRS-T1 w/ Alternate Home Screen; iPhone 4s (Audiobooks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Aha! So all I have to do is open them once in Reader Library and then I can transfer them in Calibre? Perfect.
Exactly. :-)

Quote:
Reader Library works without lag or freezing only when I don't have the 950 connected to my laptop. The moment I plug in my reader, Sony's useless excuse for software becomes so laggy and freez-prone it is barely usable. So I use Reader Library as a bookstore, and managing the library books there as long as I never connect the 950 is easy-peasy. It's just moving them to the 950 that is barely possible with Sony's own software, that's why I wanted Calibre to do the transfer for me.
Gotcha. I disliked Sony's software the first time I used it, so went to ADE, which is only marginally better, IMHO. But I don't have any connection/lagging problems with it so I use it exclusively for library books, and Calibre for everything I own.

Quote:
Or you can put PRS+ on the 350 and download directly to it that way?
That works? The 350 doesn't have wi-fi....

I've looked a little at PRS+ -- mainly to see if I could have more font size options -- but not enough to have decided whether it would be worth the effort (for me).
Live2Read is offline   Reply With Quote