View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #69
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonnyan View Post
I am still hating the software. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've excluded on DEP, gave it free passage through my firewall. Still, when I connect the hardware, the software crashes. The software by itself functions fine, the store works, etc. I am lost. Not sure what else I can do to get this junk software working.
Have you tried connecting the device first then starting the software. I have seen some people report that resolves this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonnyan View Post
Has anyone backward engineered how to create groups manually? I can still drag content to the device via Explorer, and though tedious, if I could verify the main list and create my own groups of books this might be just fine. Editing XML files is simple if the schema was obvious.

--Leon
Yes, Kovid has. It is basically an XML file. His free Calibre ebook manager/conversion software will create collections on the device if you use it to move your books to the sony.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote