View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuppa View Post
So I just got my kindle on Thursday and I love it..........BUT I am already returning it to amazon for a replacement for a few reasons.
From day one I noticed that the right side "Next Page" button was depressed at all times much more than any other button. Another thing is that on the left side bottom corner right below that "Next Page" button is a gap where the back plate meets the front. When you squeeze there you can hear a creaking. Now I'm pretty sure - at least that's what I'm hoping - that these are manufacturer defects and my replacement one will not be like this. But the one thing I'm really concerned about is the screen seems to sometimes fade the font and I need to go back a page then forward again to correct this, is this something anyone else is experiencing?
A small percentage of Kindles have had problems with the screen fading in sunlight. If this is what you're talking about, Amazon replaces these Kindles free. A few unlucky souls have gotten more than one that faded in the sun--Amazon has apparently been very good about sending as many Kindles as it takes to get one that doesn't fade, but it seems like it would be disconcerting to have to keep trying.

I have had 2 Kindles and no problems, so I haven't seen these fading screens myself but you can find descriptions on this site, I'm sure.

The problem with the button you're describing is something I haven't seen mentioned before. But Amazon's return policy is pretty good--I suggest you call them and ask about it.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote