View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #132
Krystl
Connoisseur
Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-t1
Hi all,

first of all--thank you to all the information here. I am ready to take the jump into digitizing my old books that I "need to have just in case" but aren't worthy of "shelf space" (I know, an evil thought ).

A couple of questions after reading through the posts here:

Anamardoll: are you using 1dollarscan's OCR pdfs? Is ABBY capable of just using basic pdfs and "OCRing" them or is the starting point a good OCR? I am assuming that it "crops" the text (removing the margins when saving to HTML) to simplify conversion.

My goal is to determine which company best fits my needs. The finereader program sounds like a good investment if it is ~$100 and i need more than that epubed.

Fine-tuning keeps the pdf format, right, making it exclusive to the selected device? seems to imply that if I have to choose my device making conversion to other devices uncertain.

I'm just too much of a perfectionist. sigh.
Krystl is offline   Reply With Quote