View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
wilecyote
wilecyote began at the beginning.

Device: e-ink nook
Why is e-ink nook so slow with Bibles?

I am looking for a little help understanding this product. I am puzzled by the slowness of using Bibles with it. Maybe I don't understand this kind of product fully, but I have a 6-7 year old palm Tungsten E PDA which has a 133 Mhz TI OMAP processor and 32 mb internal memory. I have always run a ton of apps on it, one of which is a Bible app. I have multiple translations loaded up & can switch back & forth quickly & easily. Looking up passages by chapter & verse is also very fast. The nook however, is a totally different story here. I have read that it has something like a 667 Mhz processor, but man is it slooooow & very cumbersome with Bibles!!!! Looking up a passage of scripture takes forever. If you have been reading something else & go back to the Bible & try to look up a passage, you have to wait for all the book/chapter references to load all over again, each time, which takes several seconds. Then you have to page & scroll to the book & chapter you want. The whole process takes forever! It is literally instantaneous on my old palm. Is it just Bibles, or is it the same way with other large books? I read a lot of nook owners posting on the web about this.

(maybe other large books with a lot of references behave the same way???). Can anybody shed some light on this?
wilecyote is offline   Reply With Quote