View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #61
Kitty1221
Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox, pocketbook, 9.7" e-screen
About the instruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
Here we go. DISCLAIMER: you are on your own, so be careful.
Also, I tested this only on the original v1.6 firmware, but could (should?) run on the other versions.

Unzip the attached zip file somewhere in your M92 or SD card; you will find two directories, gserial and allow_root.

To login in your M92:
  1. plug the usb cable;
  2. answer "No" to the USB Connection popup;
  3. run start_usb_serial.oar from the gserial directory;
  4. your computer should detect a new serial port device. Use you favourite terminal emulator to connect to it.
  5. login with user app, no password will be asked. (Be careful, even if you are not root, permission aren't really going to protect you.)

To logout press Control+D or type exit. If you want to login again, re-run the start_usb_serial.oar command.

When you are done, logout then execute stop_usb_serial.oar without disconnecting the USB cable. The usual popup will appear.

So now you want to login as root, don't you?
Go to the allow_root directory and run root_pw_clear.oar; now you can login as root, no password asked. To restore everything as it was, run root_pw_restore.oar (will only work if you don't change the root password by hand, but if you can do that, I assume you can restore everything by yourself.) Also, does anybody knows what the original root password is?

Be careful and have fun!

EDIT: The archive was updated because I put the wrong module in there, as you can read below. Sorry guys!
Hi FDD

Thanks much for your instruction.
I have come to the point of terminal emulator.
And I don't know what I am supposed to do in here
when you say "login with user app, no password will be asked."

This is what I have got:
arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc (4.4.4_09.06.2010) 4.4.4
root filesystem built on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:37:52 +0800
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.

onyx login: user app
Password:
Login incorrect
onyx login: user app
Password:
Login incorrect
onyx login: root
Password:
exit <--- I am trying to exit..
Login incorrect
I imagined that I should enter "user app" after "onyx login:"
and thought that it won't ask me the password but it did.
Do I need to do anything at this point?

Sorry to bother you but if you could tell me what is going on, it'd be so much appreciated. Thank you!
Kitty1221 is offline   Reply With Quote