View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What do the people who want a judge to reject the current settlement actually want here? I mean, if three of the publishers decided to settle instead of pursuing the matter in court, surely no one's expecting a settlement that would actually be agreeable to them (or their industry)--or in their financial best interests--are they? Or are they saying the decision to settle should be ignored, dismissed, or what? I really don't get it. Which suggests to me it's posturing and nothing more. What would they suggest be done to the three publishers who voluntarily decided to submit to someone else's course of action in this matter?

I realize that the decision to settle doesn't carry any inherent admission of guilt, but surely it carries an acceptance that somebody else gets to dictate how you conduct your business for the next short while... and that you're probably not going to thrilled with the new short-term business plan?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote