View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Maseles View Post
2. Has anyone converted a similarly long document to eReader? Was the resulting product stable, or prone to crashing? I see that eReader routinely does novels which are certainly as long as my text, but they may break them up into shorter, more stable chapters. I need this to be one document so that a single index can work for the entire text.
I've got an eReader book of a 2,770 page fanfiction novel, 800,000+ words. It had no problems. The .pdb file is slightly over 2mb.

I've never had any problems with very long eReader books. I have a Clié, which is older & slower than the Treos. I don't believe book length matters much at all, although number of links might.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote