View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #17
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
However, back OT: ... I imagine that Blue Griffon, all things considered, will stay near ePUB3, and upgrade that product shortly. I've never tried it, as they don't seem to want to tell you a bloody thing about it pre-purchase, and there's no trial. Some people seem to love it.

Julian will probably try to bring Jutoh up to spec for ePUB3...but I don't see a lot of MR'ers using Jutoh, myself. AWP? Well...I haven't tried that, either, but based upon what Diap said recently, I might give it a go, if indeed it outputs clean code, if for no other reason than to look for fallbacks, if I can't find a forker.
More OT:

There *is* a trial for BlueGriffon - just download and install, some features are disabled (I tried it when it was new, didn't like it. To my mind it makes simple things more difficult than necessary - but your mileage may vary. Besides it's ridiculously high priced, and the author has some halfbaked leftovers behind him like NVU, so I guess I didn't trust this to last either. Thinking of it, maybe I should try it again. It's been some time. EDIT: Tried it again, still don't like it. It's really no more than a glorified XHTML-editor, you have to do the hard work yourself, more or less, and then import the files, make the links to TOC and so on. Which makes the price even more ridiculous.).

The Beta of Jutoh 2.05 has some epub 3 features, but the output doesn't validate. But Julian is probably working on it.

AWP does indeed make very clean code, but is still epub 2 only afaik.

Regards,

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 09-21-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Tried Bluegriffon
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote