View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #12
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
My neighborhood has lots and lots of Wi-Fi routers. Mine was shown on channel 11 along with several others. It recommended I switch to channel 1, 5 or 6 but before I could do anything everything changed. Now those channels were overloaded and it recommended something else. As I watched it was almost like watching a game of tag with the routers in the neighborhood chasing each other up and down the list until it looked like nothing was safe.

I had lots of fun walking around the house with the Kindle in hand measuring signal strength throughout the house. I had been trying to watch videos in almost the worst location I could have chosen. At least now I know where to settle to watch a video.
The continually shifting landscape of nearby access points is a byproduct of them all interfering with each other. If you're still having problems, you should try switching channels anyway just to see if it helps. In my experience, the auto channel setting doesn't always find the best channel (this varies by router).
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote