View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Shrinking type in lists

Hi. Back with more questions about lists.

Attached is a screen grab of the split between code and design of the book I’m cleaning up in DW, and an RTF of my coding of a couple of the lists.

The lists are all indented as planned, and ordered/unordered where planned, BUT as the hierarchy descends, the type gets smaller (see the LL-BL1, LL-BL2, LL-BL3 list items). Yes, there is a reason for the classes -- space above the first list item and below the last list item in the print book. I have tried controlling this by setting percentages higher than the point size of the <p> tag (the desired size for ALL of these lists), but I must be missing something, because nothing I do works. I tried setting the size the same as the <p> tag first, but that didn’t work, and that was when I resorted to either a larger em or percentage.

I'm perfectly happy to recode the lists, but I'm at my wits’ end right now, and I need to move this along. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side-by-side_lists.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	77482  
Attached Files
File Type: rtf list-styles.rtf (2.4 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by sgirsberger; 10-08-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: clarification
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote